THE DRAFT WOOL PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN IS NOW READY FOR YOU TO READ AND
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK OF IT
You can do this by visiting our website www.woolparishnp.com
THE DEADLINE FOR RESPONDING IS THE END OF FEBRUARY 2024
The plan was commissioned by Wool Parish Council and written by residents. It doesn’t propose any houses but attempts to exercise some control over what we, as a parish, get from Dorset Council’s Local Plan and identifies other improvements to the parish (Bovington, East Burton and Wool).
The plan, created by local volunteers, sets out the following objectives and contains policies to achieve those objectives:
– Through good design, new development should be sustainable, and should respect and enhance the existing character of Wool Parish.
– Housing provision in Wool Parish should be tailored to meet the needs of residents.
– Community infrastructure and services should be protected and improved.
– Active travel and public transport connections between settlements in Wool Parish and with other key towns must be improved.
– Green Infrastructure and Biodiversity must be protected and should be improved.
THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN IS NOT A WAY TO STOP DEVELOPMENT BUT CAN HOPEFULLY SHAPE IT.
Your feedback (via the website, email or in writing, not via Facebook) will be responded to, and your comments may result in the plan being improved.
DROP-IN SESSIONS WHERE YOU CAN ASK THE TEAM QUESTIONS
East Burton village hall, 17th January, 10am-12, and 6pm-8
The Hive conference room, Bovington, 24th January 10am-12
The D’Urberville, Wool, 29th January 6pm-8
The D’Urberville, Wool, 31st January 10am-12